- Clear the OneNote Cache
- Go to the File menu in OneNote.
- Click on Options.
- On the left-sidebar, click Save and Backup.
- Copy the full path in the Cache file location.
- Paste the copied path into File Explorer.
- Open the 16.0 folder or any other version you may have.
- Delete all files in the Cache folder.
2. Update the OneNote App
- In Product Information settings, click on the Update Options dropdown menu right behind Office Updates,
- and then click Update Now.
3. Repair OneNote
If OneNote was already updated and clearing the cache didn’t work, try repairing the application to ensure no missing or corrupt files are causing the problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Apps section of Windows Settings.
- Click on Apps and features in the left-sidebar.
- Search for OneNote and tap on the OneNote icon once.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Tap on Repair after scrolling down.
4. Microsoft Official Support post – Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in OneNote for Windows
OneNote 2021, 2016, 2013 and OneNote for Windows 10
5. If still the issue persist, try this:
- Open OneNote
- Click File
- Select Options
- Go to Advanced
- Scroll down to Display section
- Check the box for Disable hardware graphics acceleration
- Click OK
- Close and relaunch OneNote