If you use OneNote 2010, 2013, 2016 or 2019 for Windows you are good to go! Otherwise it’s easy just use the Online Importer – See below for instructions.
All our templates and solutions are OneNote Notebooks and will work on any devices supported by OneNote.
After you’ve received the link and downloaded your zip file, import/install the template notebooks by either of the following methods:
Steps to Import:
- Extract the Zip File into a directory on your hard disk.
- Double click on “Open Notebook” file to start the import.
Double click on each section to start the import.
- Create a new notebook in OneNote naming it “KanBan” or “GTD” or whatever you wish to call it. You could also use an existing notebook if you prefer.
- Then import the templates and sections:
- Use “File > Open”
- Open from other locations > This PC
- Browse to the directory where you unzipped the files.
- Under “File name” there is a drop down box which shows “OneNote Table of Contents” … select “OneNote Sections”.
- Now the sections are showing – select “Get Started” first and click Open.
- Now do this with the other sections also.
Importing using MS OneNote online importer.
- Extract the Zip File into a directory on your hard disk (Windows or Mac).
- In any modern Web browser, go to the OneNote Notebook Importer.
- On the screen that opens, click Import.
- On your computer, navigate to the location of your notebook folder (see Step 1), click to select it, and then click Open to import it.
Note: If the import process begins but then appears not to finish, your OneDrive account might be low on available space. Manually delete any unnecessary files from your OneDrive storage (including any failed notebook uploads) and then try importing the notebook folder again.
TIP: Exporting and importing notebooks through OneNote for the web works only for notebooks stored on Personal OneDrive accounts.
Sign up for a personal OneDrive account as shown here. Then use this account to import each notebook into your personal account using the online importer.
Note: After importing the templates/notebooks can be used with any OneNote on any device (ie: OneNote Online, OneNote 2016, 2013 & 2010, OneNote for Windows 10, Mac, Android & iOS).
News: Microsoft announced in November 2019 that OneNote 2016 Desktop version will not be going away. In 2020 it will be included in the Office 365 Pro installations. Read news here
Other Import Tips and Resources
Note: Exporting and importing notebooks through OneNote for the web is only available for notebooks stored on personal OneDrive accounts. Below is the official Microsoft support page.
Opening OneNote section (.ONE) files and importing them into a Notebook with OneNote app for Windows 10.