After you’ve received the link and downloaded your zip file, install the template(s) and sections by either of the following methods:
Note: After importing the templates/notebooks they can be used with any OneNote (eg: OneNote Online, OneNote 2016, 2013 & 2010, OneNote for Windows 10, Mac, Android & iOS).
Importing using MS OneNote 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Extract the Zip File into a directory on your hard disk.
- Double click on each section to start the import.
- The other way is to create a new notebook in OneNote naming it “KanBan” or “GTD” or whatever you wish to call it. You could also use an existing notebook if you prefer.Then import the templates and sections
Use “File > Open”
Open from other locations > This PC
Browse to the directory where you unzipped the files.
Under “File name” there is a drop down box which shows “OneNote Table of Contents” … select “OneNote Sections”.
Now the sections are showing – select “Get Started” first and click Open.
Now do this with the other sections also.
Windows or Mac
Importing using MS OneNote online importer.
- Extract the Zip File into a directory on your hard disk (Windows or Mac).
- In any modern Web browser, go to the OneNote Notebook Importer.
- On the screen that opens, click Import.
- On your computer, navigate to the location of your notebook folder (see Step 1), click to select it, and then click Open to import it.
Tip: If the import process begins but then appears not to finish, your OneDrive account might be low on available space. Manually delete any unnecessary files from your OneDrive storage (including any failed notebook uploads) and then try importing the notebook folder again.